I am a grandmother of a newborn baby. We have been denied visitation with him and denied a background check what can we do?

You can attend a court hearing and ask to be designated as a “Participant”. As a participant you should receive notice of hearings and be able to speak to the judge regarding any issue. As a grandparent, the court can order visitation for you if the child is not in the custody of either parent and if the court determines such an order is in the child’s best interest. You may also retain an attorney to represent you in this matter.