I am not aware of the living conditions my son is currently in should I get CPS involved?

Florida Department of Children and Families Child Protection Services may not get involved without more information that raises child safety and welfare concerns. You can see if local law enforcement will contact your wife and son to perform a welfare check. If law enforcement has child safety concerns they will contact DCF.