I lost custody of my children and want to go back to New Jersey where I have family that can take them. Can I leave the State of Florida when DCF has my children?

You should either have a court appointed lawyer or a retained lawyer to help you evaluate your options and make the right decision.

More information is needed before a recommendation can be made, including: the availability of services, housing and employment where you would move; your current case plan status, current placement of children; whether your family can care for the children until you are reunified, and if so whether an ICPC (Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children) home study has been initiated or completed.

It is good that you are asking questions, it is very important that you come up with a plan that will work.