If I accept temporary custody of my grandson due to an open case of child abuse against his mother, what is the extent that DCF can interfere with my life?

If the child is placed with you through a dependency case, then you will need to cooperate with DCF and follow court orders. If the child comes into your custody through a family court (temporary custody by extended family) case, then DCF will discontinue their involvement. You may wish to further discuss your situation with an attorney to discuss possible options and to better understand what will likely occur in either event.